MHT CET is an Online-Computer Based Test (CBT) for 12th Science student with A (PCM) or B(PCB) group for admissions in further technical or medical degree education. MHT CET is a test organized by Maharashtra state and is mandatory for Maharashtra HSC students who wants to perceive technical or medical degree education. Admissions to technical and Medical educational institutions are based upon the marks student score in MHT CET. Every institution has its own merit of minimum entry score eligibility to the student who wants to enroll in a particular institution. There are four rounds for counseling and enrolment of the students within which eligible students can take admission to the institute.
For more information about the MHT CET test you can visit Govt. website www.mahacet.org
TIPS AND TRICKS FOR MHT CET TEST PREPARATION
KNOW YOUR MHT CET TEST FORMAT
- There are three subjects Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics which you need to prepare for technical A (PCM group).
- The questions will be based on the syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education.
- 20% weightage will be given to the questions from Std. XI syllabus and 80% weightage will be given to the questions from Std. XII syllabus while setting the Question Papers.
- There will be No Negative Marking. The questions will be mainly application based.
- Mathematics test consists of 10 MCQs from std. XIth and 40 MCQ’s from std.XIIth every question consists of 2 marks. Total Marks for the test will be 100 and the duration for the test will be 90 Mins
- Physics and Chemistry subjects test will be consist of 10 MCQs from std. XIth and 40 MCQ’s from std.XIIth of each subject means 50 marks each subject, every question consists of 1 mark. Total Marks for the test will be 100 and the duration for the test will be 90 Mins
- The combined test will be of 90 Min + 90 Min = 180 Min, which means 3 hours.
MHT CET PREPARATION PLAN TIPS
- Prepare or collect Notes of the subject and allot the time for reading it
- Make a Time Table and prepare dedicatedly.
- Allocate hours of the day to read and prepare specific subjects.
- Seek Guidance from teachers, online tutors, youtube videos, etc.
- There are online mock tests available to take practice mock tests to evaluate your knowledge.
- Time management plays an important role in the MHT CET test 100 questions 1 mark for each question and 0.90 seconds for each question.(for Physics and Chemistry) and 50 questions 2 marks for each question and 1.80 seconds for each question.
- Practice previous year MHT CET question papers. It will help you to understand the type of questions and the test pattern.
- The revision of XIth and XIIth PCM subjects will be an added advantage for the test.
- There is no negative marking so its good to attempt as many questions as you can.