All About MHT-CET 2021
All About MHT-CET 2021
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is an annual online examination for admission to several Undergraduate programs and Post Graduate in Maharashtra's state colleges. MIT Academy of Engineering is one of the 401 colleges that accept MHT-CET scores for admission. Because MIT AOE is one of the best engineering colleges in Pune, it receives a large number of applications each year. Those interested in enrolling for any of the courses at the institute should first apply for the MHT-CET exam and then apply for admission to MITAOE, Alandi as soon as possible.
The MHT CET 2021 eligibility has been released along with the application form. Applicants for MHT CET 2021 must ensure that they meet the admission standards; else, their application will be rejected. MHT CET 2021 eligibility conditions can be found here. Candidates who have passed/appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e. HSC/12th Standard or its equivalent, and who are of Indian nationality are eligible to apply for MHT CET 2021. There are no age limitations for MHT-CET 2021 admission.
In order to appear for the MHT-CET examination, it is important to know the examination. To start with, what is the MHT-CET examination? The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test is a common entrance examination conducted once a year for admission to various colleges in the state of Maharashtra. The last date for registration to MHT-CET 2021 examination has now been extended to August 16, 2021. The further examination details for MHT-CET 2021 are tabulated below.
|Exam Name||Maharashtra Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||Paper I and II: 2 hours 30 minutes each|
|Test Takers||Around 4.13 lakh|
|Accepting Colleges||401 colleges|
|Accepting Colleges||401 colleges|
MITAOE Admissions Through MHT CET
The basic admission criteria at MIT Academy of engineering is having filled the MHT-CET form. However, admission to the various courses at MIT AOE will depend on the merit list issued by the MHT-CET conducting body. The cutoff for admission to various engineering courses varies every year as per the number of students taking the examination and the highest marks scored by candidates.
The MHT-CET registration date has now been extended till August 16, 2021. for candidates and can be filed online by visiting the official website of the examination conducting body. Once a candidate has applied for the examination he/she can directly apply for admission to MIT AOE by filling the online registration form.
MHT-CET 2021 Eligibility
The test conducting organisation has released the MHT CET 2021 eligibility along with the publication of the application form. Candidates applying for MHT CET 2021 must ensure that they meet the admission requirements; else, their application will be rejected. The eligibility requirements for MHT CET 2021 can be found here. Candidates who have qualified/appearing at the qualifying examination, i.e. HSC/12th Standard or its equivalent, and have Indian nationality are eligible to apply for MHT CET 2021, according to the criteria. Admission to MHT-CET 2021 has no age restrictions. Any candidates belonging to the NRI quota can not apply for admission to the MIT AOE, Alandi.
Candidature Type: Maharashtra State Candidature
A Candidate can claim only one type of Maharashtra State Candidature i.e. from Type A to E.
|Type-A||(i) Candidates passing SSC and also HSC or Diploma in Engineering or Bachelor of Science Examination from a recognized institution in Maharashtra State
(ii) Candidate who is either Domicile of Maharashtra and/ or is born in Maharashtra;
|Type-B||A Candidate who does not fall in Type-A above, but who or whose Father or Mother is domiciled in the State of Maharashtra and possesses a Domicile Certificate.|
|Type-C||A Candidate who does not fall in either Type-A or Type-B but whose Father or Mother is an employee of the Government of India or Government of India Undertaking and who has been posted and reported to duty in Maharashtra State before the last date for submission of Application Form for CAP.|
|Type-D||A Candidate who does not fall in any of the above Type-A, Type B, and Type-C but whose Father or Mother is an employee or retired employee of the Government of Maharashtra or Government of Maharashtra Undertaking.|
|Type-E||Candidates passing SSC and/or HSC Examination from a recognized institution located in a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border Area and whose Mother tongue is Marathi.|
MHT-CET 2021 Syllabus
The examination for MHT-CET is conduct o the basis of class 11th and 12th syllabus only. Listed below is the detailed syllabus for MHT-CET 2021 for aspiring students.
Class XI Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus: Trigonometric functions, Trigonometric functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences, and series
- Physics Syllabus: Measurements, Scalars, and Vectors, Force, Friction in solids and liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray optics, Magnetic effect of electric current, Magnetism.
- Chemistry Syllabus: Some basic concepts of chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and liquids, Redox reaction, Surface chemistry, Nature of chemical bond, Hydrogen, s-Block elements (Alkali and alkaline earth metals), Basic principles and techniques in organic chemistry, Alkanes.
- Biology (Botany) Syllabus: Diversity in organisms, Biochemistry of cell, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development.
- Biology (Zoology) Syllabus: Organization of Cell, Animal tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration.
Class XII Syllabus
- Mathematics Syllabus: Mathematical Logic, Matrices, Trigonometric functions, Pair of straight lines, Circle, Conics, Vectors, Three-dimensional Geometry, Line, Plane, Linear programming problems, Continuity, Differentiation, Application of derivative, Integration, Applications of definite integral, Differential equation, Statistics, Probability distribution, Bernoulli trials, and Binomial distribution
- Physics Syllabus: Circular motion, Gravitation, Rotational motion, Oscillations, Elasticity, Surface tension, Wave motion, Stationary waves, Kinetic theory, Wave theory, Interference and diffraction, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of electric current, Magnetism, Electromagnetic inductions, Electrons and Photons, Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei, Semiconductors, Communication systems.
- Chemistry Syllabus: Solid State, Solutions and colligative properties, Chemical Thermodynamics and energetic, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Halogen derivatives of alkanes (and arenes), Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones, and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
|MHT CET 2020 Exam Centres In Maharashtra|
|Mumbai Sub Urban||Jalgaon||Buldhana|
Closing the Gender Gap in Mechanical Engineering
Q.1 What is the MHT CET 2021 exam date?
Ans: Maharashtra Higher and Technical Education Minister Uday Samant has announced MHT CET exam dates 2021.The exam will be conducted in two phases- September 4 to 10 and September 14 to 20.
Q.2 What is the mode of examination?
Ans: The examination will be conducted in online mode for PCM and PCB groups separately. The examination is held at various centres across Maharashtra and outside the state of Maharashtra.
Q3: What are the types of questions asked?
Ans: The questions are multiple-choice questions (MCQ) having 4 options. The candidates must pick the correct answer from the options given.
Q.4 Can a student who has filled the MHT-CET form apply for MITAOE directly?
Ans: Yes, Once a candidate has submitted the MHT-CET form he/she can directly apply for admission to MIT AOE, Pune.
Q.5 How is the syllabus of MHT-CET distributed?
Ans: The MHT-CET syllabus is as per the 11th and 12th syllabus only. However, the distribution of the syllabus is in the proportion of 20% and 80% respectively.
Q.6 What is the minimum score required in MHT-CET for MIT AOE?
Ans: The admission criteria for MIT AOE depends on the merit list published by the examination conducting body of MHT-CET. The merit criteria depends on the number of candidates and highest marks scored in the examination.
To know more about MITAoE, Stay Tuned To Our Website for Weekly Blogs!