MIT Academy of Engineering (MITAOE), Alandi, Pune, was established in 1999 under MAEER by the honorable Prof. Dr. Vishwanath D. Karad, Founder and Executive President of MIT Group. The institute offers Seven UG programs (B.Tech & B.Des) and two PG programs (M.Tech). Recently, the UGC has honored the institute with ‘Academic Autonomy’ considering the quality of pedagogical practices, research, faculty and the state-of-the-art infrastructure that meets global standards.
The Savitribai Phule Pune University (SPPU) has honored the institute with the ‘Best Engineering College (Professional Courses) award. The institute has made its mark by excelling in academics and research and it continues to grow as a ‘Centre of Excellence’ in engineering education and research. The NBA Accreditation to all branches, ‘A’ Grade by NAAC and the 2(F) & 12(B) status from the UGC, are the testimony to our pursuit of excellence.
Learning-centered approach, personal attention to all the students and effective implementation of their valuable suggestions received through the continual feedback mechanism and ‘Student Teacher Interaction pedagogy’, make the teaching & learning process more effective. Selection and retention of the most efficient and talented staff members to enhance the quality of education and administration, is our key to success. A special emphasis is laid on their quality improvement by sponsoring the staff members for pursuing research and higher studies. Another significant feature is the ‘Tutor System for Counseling’.
The institute endeavors to impart holistic education to its students in order to contribute to their all round development. The students at MITAOE get an opportunity to not only enhancing their technical skills but also their communication and soft skills. We are committed for their bright future and hence facilitate them to realize their dreams.
MITAOE AS AN AUTONOMOUS INSTITUTE
MITAOE is only the third institute in Pune which has been bestowed with ‘academic autonomy’ by the University Grants Commission (UGC). Academic autonomy is granted only to those institutes that are accredited by NAAC with ‘A’ grade for all programs. Besides, the institute should also have the 2(F) & 12(B) status of the UGC. This exemplifies that the ‘academic autonomy’ is awarded only to the best institutes. Only those institutes that persistently excel in every aspect of quality education are bestowed with autonomy. Under autonomous status an institute remains affiliated to the University but gets freedom to design the advanced & industry-oriented syllabi, decide the modes of instruction & evaluation, and conduct examination and assessment of papers. The degree though, is awarded by the University. There are many advantages of academic autonomy for all stakeholders of the institute.
- Updated and contemporary syllabi; flexibility in updating as per industry needs
- Innovative approaches to teaching and learning; skill-based education
- Interdisciplinary approaches in academics and research
- A wide range of subjects to choose from
- Opportunities for collaborations with reputed foreign & national universities and companies
- Better placement opportunities
- Support for higher education in India and abroad
- Internships and scholarships for projects
- Guest lectures and training programs by eminent experts from academia and industry
Thus, academic autonomy opens the doors for excellence in education, research and administration. The students earning their degrees from an autonomous institute have an extra edge which guides them to achieve success in any future endeavors; be it placements in reputed national and multinational companies, entrepreneurship or higher education in renowned Indian or international institutes. MITAOE, as an autonomous engineering college in Pune strives to make a huge difference by creating winning personalities and catering to the all round development of its students.
To be a new age learning centre for holistic development of students into professional engineers, to cater to the changing needs of techno-society.
- To provide new age infrastructural facilities blended with skill based curriculum and activity based pedagogical approaches to develop competitive engineering professionals to solve real world problems.
- To prepare students for lifelong learning by transforming educational practices.
- To promote ethical and moral values by involving students into community services.
- To promote entrepreneurship and managerial skills by strengthening industry institute interaction.