Dr. Vijay V. Muthekar
Dr. Vijay V. Muthekar
Name : Dr. Vijay V. Muthekar
Designation: Assistant Professor
Qualification: Ph.D. (Civil Engineering)
Overview of Profile:
Assistant Professor with 18+ years of experience in academics and industries successfully contributing to Geotechnical Engineering curriculum development and delivery. Driven to contribute to program outcomes by facilitating engagement and supporting learning objectives. Enthusiastic professional with background in academic advisement.
Fore Front Area of Research: Seismic Soil Structure Interaction, Liquefaction Analysis, Static and Dynamic Soil Analysis, Geotechnical and Geophysical Testing for stratification, Groundwater Investigation
Email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact no: 020-27185857 Ext:
Experience (in years): Industry and Research: 11.94 Years, Teaching: 6.92 Years
Awards and Achievements:
Received ‘Group Achievement Award’ in recognition of successfully accomplishing ‘Seismic re-evaluation of Fast Breeder Test Reactor at Kalpakkam, Chennai’ in 2011.
Research Projects /Patents/Memberships:
Patents: A patent has been published entitled, “WH-SYSTEM: Waste Heat Absorbs and generates Energy system”, (Application No. 201921000788 A; Publication Date: 25/01/2019)
Indian Geotechnical Society (IGS) - Pune Chapter
Member of ‘The Institution of Engineers’ (MIE)
Life Member of ‘Indian Society for Technical Education’ (LMISTE)
- “Vein width measurement of groundwater on Earth's surface using Semiconductor Laser Light and Proton Precession Magnetometer”, Journal of Applied Geophysics, 171, December 2019, 1-11. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jappgeo.2019.103864.
- "Analysis of seepage through foundation of an impervious structure by finite element method", Published in IJSART E-Journal Volume 4, Issue 2 in February 2018.
- AERB monograph on “Seismic safety of Nuclear Power Plant”, November 2008, Published by Government of India.
- Geotechnical investigations for design of slope protection measures at INS-Kardip, Kamorta (A&N islands), Seminar on Impact of Earthquake and Tsunami on Architecture, Structural, Design and Coastal protection works-held at Port Blair during 3-4 March 2006.
- “Application of Light Interference Technique for locating Groundwater Veins”, International conference on Sustainable Innovations in Civil and Mechanical Engineering, January 2020, IOP Conference Series, Vol. 814 (012027), doi:10.1088/1757-899X/814/1/012027.
- “Monitoring earth radiations caused due to groundwater movement using NaaVmeter”, International Conference on Futuristic, Resilient and Smart Urban Development, February 2019 held at RSCOE, Tathawade, Pune, MH.
- “Application of Artificial Neural Network in Geotechnical Engineering”, International Conference on Futuristic, Resilient and Smart Urban Development, February 2019 held at RSCOE, Tathawade, Pune, MH.
- 4. "Empirical groundwater exploration using Light Interference Technique" Green Urbanism - 2nd edition conference held in Rome, Italy with conference proceedings Vol 2, issue #1 (2019): Towards Green Cities in Developing Countries, during 5th – 7th December 2018, ISSN (Print: 2537-0731, online: 2537-074X), pp 87-100.