Dr. S. Patil
Name: Dr. Shreekant Patil
Designation: Assistant Professor and M.Tech Coordinator (SMCE)
Qualification: Ph.D., M.Tech (Machine Design), B.E. (Mechanical)
Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from Vellore Institute of Technology (Deemed University), Vellore in 2021.
M.Tech. in Machine Design from Basaveshwar Engineering College (Autonomous) Bagalkot Karnataka with 9.64 C.G.P.I. in 2016.
B.E in Mechanical Engineering from East Point Engineering College Bangalore, Karnataka in 2014.
Overview of Profile:
Dr. Shreekant Patil is currently working as a Assistant Professor in the School of Mechanical Engineering , MIT-AOE, Pune.
He has completed his Ph.D. in Mechanical (Structural health Monitoring system). The Ph.D. Dissertation is “Develop a Method for Estimating Residual Strength of Composite Structures Damaged by Impact Loading” worked under the Guidance of Dr. D. Mallikarjuna Reddy, the funded Project Sponsored by Science & Engineering Research Board (SERB/DST) India, Amount: 27 lakhs. Research Grant number: ECR/2017/000512.
Dr. Shreekant Patil holds M.Tech with specialization in Machine Design and secured first rank from Basaveshwar Engineering College (Autonomous) Bagalkot Karnataka with 9.64 CGPI. in 2016. Bachelor of Mechanical degree from East Point Engineering College Bangalore, Karnataka, in 2014. Phd from Vellore Institute of Technology , Vellore (VIT). He is the reviewer for many international reputed journals. He is also the member of SAE India (Membership No: 7220510084. He has over 15 reputed journal publications,
Fore Front Area of Research: Advanced Composite Materials, Crash Analysis, Finite Element Analysis, Vibration and Materials.
Email id: email@example.com
Experience: Teaching: 2 Year, Research: 4 Years
- Research Award at VIT University, Vellore 2020 and 2021.
- Best outgoing student award in PG Mechanical Engineering at Basaveshwar Engineering College (Autonomous) Bagalkot 2014-2016.
- Secured 1st rank in M. Tech (Machine Design) 2014-2016.
- Best Paper award at International Conference on Design, Automation and Control (ICDAC - 2020) 6th to 8th January 2020, VIT University, Vellore, India.
- Best Paper award International Conference on Technological Advancements in Material and Manufacturing for Industrial Environments held at KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology on 4th -5th March 2016, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
- Best Paper award International Conference on recent development in Mechanical Engineering (ICRDME-2022) held at SIT Tumkur,Karnataka.
Workshops and Training conducted/Attended;
- Value added course on “HYPERMESH based ABAQUS” at Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore Campus, conducted by FEMLOGIC Technologies, Chennai, during January – March 2020.
- One-day workshop on “Engineering Failure Analysis” organized at Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai Campus, during October 04, 2019.
- Attended Design innovation workshop and interface (DIWI- 2018) organized by Department of mechanical engineering at NIT Suratkal during 19th to 23rd November 2018.
- Attending the INUP Familiarization Workshop on Nanofabrication Technologies at IIT Bombay during November 30th to December 1, 2018.
- One-day Faculty development Programme on “Research Methodology” organized at Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore Campus, during June 30, 2017.
- Participated in the Program for Aspiring College Teachers (PACT) organized and conducted by Teaching learning centre, IIT Madras from 25th to 27th July 2016.
- One-day workshop on piping design and its application held at department of mechanical engineering, East Point College of Engineering and Technology, Bangalore on 7th May 2014.
- Member, SAE India Membership No: 7220510084.
- Life Member, Institute for Engineering Research and Publication (IFERP) No: PM04832175
- Member, International Association of Engineers (IAEng) Membership No: 280981
- Shreekant Patil, D. Mallikarjuna Reddy, SS Swamy, G Venkatachalam (2022) “Low-Velocity Impact and Compression after Impact Properties of Hemp and Jute Fiber Reinforced Epoxy Composites” Journal of Natural Fiber https://doi.org/10.1080/15440478.2020.1764449 (Scopus Indexed, TR-IF: 5.1)
- Shreekant Patil, D. Mallikarjuna Reddy (2021). "Impact analysis of Thick Cylindrical Sandwich Panels with Foam Core Subjected to Single and Multi-mass Impacts” Scientia Iranica . https://doi.org/10.24200/SCI.2020.55341.4180 (Scopus Indexed, TR-IF: 1.6).
- Shreekant Patil, D. Mallikarjuna Reddy (2022) “Damage Identification in Hemp Fiber (Cannabis sativa) Reinforced Composite Plates Using MAC and COMAC Correlation Methods: Experimental Study”. Journal of Natural Fiber https://doi.org/10.1080/15440478.2020.1764449 (Scopus Indexed, TR-IF: 5.52)
- Shreekant Patil, D. Mallikarjuna Reddy (2020) “Impact damage assessment in carbon fiber reinforced composite using vibration-based damage index and ultrasonic C-scanning method” Structures (Vol. 28, pp. 638-650). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.istruc.2020.09.011 (Scopus Indexed, TR-IF: 2.98)
- Shreekant Patil, D. Mallikarjuna Reddy (2020). "Study of oblique low velocity impact on composite plate." Materials Today: Proceedings. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.03.125 (Scopus Indexed).
- Sharma, V., Reddy, D.M. and Shreekant Patil, (2020) Stress Analysis of Automotive Chassis Using Hypermesh and Optistruct. In Advances in Automotive Technologies (pp. 169-185). Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5947-1_14 (Scopus Indexed).
- Reddy, D.M., Shreekant Patil, Matti, K.S. and Abhinav, N., 2020. Low Velocity of Single and Multiple Impacts on Curved and Hybrid Curved Composite Panel for Aircraft Applications. In Advances in Automotive Technologies (pp. 215-223). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-5947-1_17 Springer, Singapore. (Scopus Indexed).
- Shreekant Patil, D. Mallikarjuna Reddy, and Munirami Reddy (2018) “Low velocity impact analysis on composite structures – A review” International Conference on Design, Materials & Manufacture (ICDEM), NITK Surathkal, India, Jan 29-31, 2018, AIP publications, https://doi.org/10.1063/1.5029585
- Shreekant Patil, D. Mallikarjuna Reddy (2020). "Study of oblique low velocity impact on composite plate." Materials Today: Proceedings (2020). International Mechanical Engineering Congress 2019 - (IMEC 2019) 29 Nov 19 - Dec 2019 | National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirappalli, India. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.matpr.2020.03.125
- Shreekant Patil, D. Mallikarjuna Reddy, Rajasekhara Reddy Mutra “Finite element simulation of low velocity impact damage on titanium/GFRP hybrid laminates” International Conference on Design, Automation and Control (ICDAC - 2020) 6th to 8th January 2020, VIT University, Vellore, India. (Scopus Indexed)
- Kumar, Kasam Santosh, Shreekant Patil, and D. Mallikarjuna Reddy (2018). "Modeling and Analysis of Low Velocity Impact on Composite Plate with Different Ply Orientations." International Conference on Innovation, Engineering and Entrepreneurship, Portugal pp. 515-521. Springer, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-91334-6_70 (Scopus Indexed).
- Kishen Karumbaiah B J, Basava T and Shreekant Patil, “Investigation of Dry Wear Characteristics of Caryata Urens Palm Trunk”, presented and in Proceedings of International Conference on Technological Advancements in Material and Manufacturing for Industrial Environments held at KPR Institute of Engineering and Technology, Coimbatore (Tamil Nadu) on 4th -5th March 2016.
- Shreekant Patil, Rajesab Diddimani, Veeranagouda Patil, “Experimental investigation of Tensile Properties of Banana reinforced Epoxy Composites”, Presented at National Conference on Make in India-An Opportunity for Emerging Engineering Technologies on 5th- 6th of February 2016. SGBIT Belagavi, Karnataka.