School of Chemical Engineering
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPEMENT
The School of Chemical Engineering is committed to teaching as well as research-development and innovation. Our chemical faculty teams are always trying to focus on research and collaborative activities with institutes/organisation to provide valuable platforms for exchange of ideas/technology. The primary objectives can be summarized as:
- To motivate faculty for doctoral and post-doctoral studies at various National and International universities and organizations of repute.
- To initiate research projects in, thrust areas of engineering funded by various National and International agencies.
- To develop interaction and collaboration between researchers for interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary work.
- To explore new horizons of knowledge and ensuring its practical implementation through collective efforts and quality research work.
- To provide adequate facilities, resources, and environment conducive for research work.
- To support the faculties for consulting research project/work from MIT- Alumni’s, Govt. research organizations such as CSIR-NCL, Pune and ICT, Mumbai.
- To provide the assistance/guidance of faculty member/s in product/process modification, modernization, trouble shooting, etc from chemical industries. These industries may also provide training/assistance to faculty and staff for curriculum enrichment.
The faculty at School of Chemical Engineering are involved in cutting edge research that can have a positive influence on the life of mankind. The concerted efforts of faculty are manifested in the form of completing a number of research projects funded by University of Pune, AICTE and Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India. Researches at School of Chemical Engineering are as follows:
The research forefront areas and faculty groups are also formed with their research work/area of expertise. The classification of forefront research areas as follows:
Table: classification of departmental forefront research areas
|RESEARCH FOREFRONT AREAS-||PROCESS ENGINEERING||ADVANCED SEPARATION PROCESSES||REACTION ENGINEERING AND MODELLING||ENERGY AND SUSTAINABILITY|
|Incharge||Dr. S. P. Shewale||Dr. A.Mandal / Mr. S. S. Gandhi||Dr. P. N. Sutar||Dr. P. V. V. Babu|
|Member||Dr. S. V. Taralkar||Mr. S. S. Gandhi / Dr. A. Mandal||Dr. M. P. Patil||Dr. A. M. Kotha|
|Member||Mr. A. D. Patil||Mr. V. D. Pakhale||Mr. V. A. Tarange||Ms. M. D. Sardare|
|Member||Mr. A. M. Kapse||Ms. S. S. Shende|