Dr. Mayurkumar P. Patil
NAME : Dr. Mayurkumar P. Patil
DESIGNATION : Assistant Professor
- Ph.D. (Tech.) Chem. Engg. (2019)
- PGD-(CTM) Chem. Tech. (2017)
- M. (Tech.) Chem. Engg. (2013)
- B. (Tech.) Chem. Engg. (2010)
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE :
Dr. Mayurkumar Patil completed his B.Tech and M.Tech. in Chemical Engineering from the University Institute of Chemical Technology, North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon. He did his M.Tech Project at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory (NCL) Pune. He completed his Ph.D (Tech.) in Chemical Engineering from Department of Chemical Engineering, Institute of Chemical Technology (Deemed University), Mumbai in 2019. Apart from teaching and research experience he has expertise in industrial problem solving and plant commissioning. Also, excellently handled the chemical simulation software’s such as CHEMCAD, ASPEN PLUS/HYSYS, MATLAB programming, Polymath, HTRI, HINT and PROSIM, etc. Also, he trained to students in artificial intelligence and machine learning topics in various projects.
FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH : Carbon capture and utilization, Process integration and optimization, Process design synthesis, Bio-fuel technologies
EMAIL ID : email@example.com
CONTACT NO : 020 - 30253500 with Ext: 1187
- Life Member of UDCT Alumni Association (UAA).
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Awarded with DST-INSPIRE Fellowship at Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (2015-2019).
- Awarded with Shri G. M. Abhyankar Students Travel Assistance Award at Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai (2018).
- Awarded with University level Gold Medal and secured first rank in B.Tech. (2010) and M.Tech. Chem. Engg. (2013) at North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon.
RESEARCH PROJECTS CONSULTANTS:
- “Vapour-Liquid Equilibrium of NH3-H2S-CO2-H2O System” conducted at ICT, Mumbai (2013) sponsored by Reliance India Ltd. (RIL), Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- “Development of New Solvent for Gas Sweetening” conducted at ICT, Mumbai (2017) sponsored by GAIL (India) Ltd., New Delhi.
- “Enhanced Mass Transfer of Carbon Dioxide in Carbonation of Pond Water” conducted at ICT, Mumbai (2018) sponsored by Reliance India Ltd. (RIL), Mumbai.
- “Electroplating of metals on solder bit material” conducted at MIT AoE, Alandi (D), Pune (2022) sponsored by Exochos Static Technologies, Pune.
Patil, M. P.; Vaidya, P. D. Novel absorbent composition and method for removing acid compounds from industrial gases, Application No.1222/MUM/2015, Indian Patent No. 369135.
- Patil M. P.; Vaidya P. D.; Kenig, E. Kinetics of Carbon Dioxide Removal Using N-Acetylglucosamine. ACS Omega., 42(2020) 27043-27049.
- Patil, M. P.; Vaidya, P. D. Characterization of the superior CO2-capturing absorbent blend AMP/PZ/EGMEE/Water. Int. J. Greenh. Gas Control, 84(2019) 29-35 (I.F. 4.078).
- Patil M. P.; Vaidya P. D. Aqueous mixtures of AMP, HMDA-N,N′-dimethyl and TEG for CO2 separation: a study on equilibrium and reaction kinetics. Chemical Engineering Communications, 209, 2019 (I.F. 1.431).
- Patil M. P.; Vaidya P. D. New AMP/polyamine blends for improved CO2 capture: Study of kinetic and equilibrium features. Canadian J. Chem. Eng., 2019 (doi: 10.1002/cjce.23647) (I.F. 1.265).
- Patil, M. P.; Vaidya, P. D. Kinetics of CO2 absorption into aqueous AMP/HMDA/TEG mixtures. ChemistrySelect, 3(2018) 195-200 (I.F. 1.505).
- Patil M. P.; Vaidya P. D.; Kenig, E. Bench-scale study for CO2 capture using AMP/PZ/Water mixtures. Chem. Eng. Trans., 69(2018) 163-168.
- Patil, M. P.; Goswami, A. K.; Usmani, G. A. Methyl ester by Transesterification of Jatropha, Cotton seed and Used Cooking Oils as an Alternative Fuel for Petrodiesel. Inv. J. Renew. Energy, 01/2013; 3(2):89-96.
PAPER PRESENTED IN NATIONAL / INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES:
- Mayurkumar P. Patil, Prakash D. Vaidya, Kenig, E. “Performance Evaluation of AMP/PZ Mixtures for Enhanced CO2 Capture” poster presentation at Distillation & Absorption, Sept. 2018 at Florence, Italy.
- Mayurkumar P. Patil, Prakash D. Vaidya, “Performance Evaluation of Novel Amine Mixtures for Enhanced CO2 Capture”, Poster presentation at Carbon capture, storage and re-use in India, Oct. 11-12, 2018, IIT, Bombay.
- Mayurkumar P. Patil, Prakash D. Vaidya, “Performance Evaluation of New Bench-scale Amine Mixture for CO2 Capture”, Poster presentation at 2nd National Symposium on Shaping the Energy Future: Challenges & Opportunities (SEFCO), May 11-12, 2018, CSIR-IIP, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- Mayurkumar P. Patil, Shahid Z. Ansari, Imran Rahman, “ Modeling and Simulation of Synthesis and Purification of Ethyl Levulinate”, Oral presentation at CHEMCON 2012, 65th annual session of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) Dec. 27-30, 2012, NIT, Jalandhar.
- Mayurkumar P. Patil, Harish Ramani, Imran Rahman, “Identification of Isopolymerization Reactor Using Recursive Orthogonal Least Square Algorithm (ROLS)”, Poster presentation at CHEMCON 2013, 66th annual session of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE) Dec. 27-30, 2013, ICT, Mumbai.
- Mayurkumar P. Patil, Anish S. Waghulde, Amit Kumar Singh, “Kinetics Transesterification of Different Oils”, Poster presentation at Oil Technologists' Association of India (OTAI), Nov. 2012 at ITC, Grand Maratha, Mumbai.