Mr. Avinash S. Bhalerao
NAME : Mr. Avinash S. Bhalerao
DESIGNATION: Professor & Head - School of Design
- M. Des, BE Polymers, DME
Prof. Avinash Bhalerao has 20 years of professional experience in Product Design & development and has worked on 75 + products, having 40 + products in market.
He is a polymer engineer and a Masters of Design (M.des) in Industrial/Product design from Industrial Design Centre, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay.
He started his career as a product designer with VIP Luggage in 1999. After a successful tenure of around 3 years, he went on to join other illustrious brands such as General Motors and Godrej Appliances in different capacities before finally giving birth to his own initiative, ‘iidenrt design’ a design studio based in Pune. As the founder and head of the multidisciplinary design firm comprising of 7 creative minds from diverse backgrounds of the industry, his sole prerogative was to develop innovative, reliable and affordable products and services catering to various needs of the industries from proposing creative business ideas, innovative product concepts, product detailing and engineering optimisation followed by product packaging, branding and its communication to the end user. He has worked with many illustrious brands such as Ashok Leyland, Godrej, Crompton greaves, Cello, Milton, Vijeta switchgears, FIE Group to name a few. Being a keen believer of the collaboration of Design and Technology, he firmly believes that the strength of creative idea comes with proficiency backed by engineers whose technical inputs reinforce their approach towards manufacturing feasibility of any product or service.
Since 2008 he kept his association with design schools sharing design fundamentals and how to approach professionally on various product design opportunities. He has been guiding students on the graduation projects and have juried on several occasions in various design schools.
From Mid 2019 onwards he has moved full time to Academics.
EMAIL ID: email@example.com
Work Professional Experience
IIDENRT DESIGN, 2008- 2018
As Founder & Head
A multidisciplinary Design studio offering innovation, industrial design, product Engineering, prototyping and Branding-Graphic design services.
Was founded in 2008 in Nashik City and later on moved to Pune City. A team of Industrial Designers, Engineers and Craftsmen with working experience in Automobile, Medical, Electronics-Digital products, Appliances and Plastic products. Have worked with various clients in Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Delhi Other cities in Maharashtra and Goa.
During those 10 years worked on range of products for Brands like Ashok Leyland, Godrej, Crompton Greaves, Vijeta Switch gears, Shreeyash Medicals, Cello, Milton, Attitude Plastics, Nayasa, Storewel, Eurosteel, Wonderpack, Femcare, Lensel Optics, and Sivananda Electronics.
Futuring Design, Dec 2010- June2011
Worked as Design associate
Futuring Design is one of the best Design studio in India, working with few of the Best brands in India and MNCs and have won several design awards nationally and internationally. During those 7 months worked on Godrej frost free Refrigerator, Godrej fully automatic washing machine and Godrej Lock design projects.
EARLIER WORK EXPERIENCE, 1999-2008
- Design Manager at R&D, Godrej Appliances, Vikroli, Mumbai---- 3 years Got an opportunity to work in NPD-New product development team, worked with formal Research agency, competed as in-house design team with best Design consultancies in India.
- Automobile Designer at General Motor technical centre, Bangalore---- 1 ½ year Worked with International clients in USA, High pressure, demanding and highest standards of 3D modelling work
- Assistance manager at Design at VIP Luggage Industries, Nashik---- 3 years Started career as Industrial designer working from small part till complete product design, prototyping and presentations to management.
RANGE OF PRODUCTS DESIGNED
- Electric bike designed was displayed at AutoExpo 2010
- Received India Design mark 2015 for CG Control panel
- Biggest product designed - 3000 lt. water dispenser on Tractor trolley
- Range of products - kitchen appliances to household plastic products - designed for Cello, Mumbai in 5 years of association with them.
1. Electric Bike for Emmel Vheelers
2. Range of Two door-frost-free refrigerator for Godrej
3. Semi-automatic washing machine for Godrej
4. Single door- Direct cool refrigerator for Godrej
5. Desert & Tower Air cooler for Cello
6. Infant warmer for Shreeyash medical equipment
7. LED therapy machine for Shreeyash medical equipment
8. Syringe pump for Shreeyash
9. Digital pump starter for Crompton Greaves
10. Series of Digital pump starters for Vijeta Switchgears
11. Range of Juicer-Mixer-grinder for Cello
12. Various Thermoware & household plastic products for Cello & Milton
13. Premium plastic chair & centre table for Attitude Plastics
14. Metal detector gate for Sivananda Electronics
15. Various moulded and framed bags for VIP industries
16. Cricket trainer machine for Rebound Sports
17. Digital Visual aid for Lensel Optics
18. 3000 lt water dispenser for Krishi Agro
19. FMCG packaging for Femcare, Dabur
20. Exterior & interior surface modelling of vehicles for GM, Ashok Leyland
Along with Product design, have also worked with Branding for Digital product marketing company, CA firm, Electric Switchgear Company, Cloud Computing Start-up, HR firm, Lifestyle boutique, Travel bag brand.
Several graphic design projects- Brochure designs, Packaging graphics and other collaterals for sales and marketing.
Member of Board of Studies for Avantika University since May 2018
Jury for 3rd TCP & 4th year graduation projects at MITID 2017
Jury for 3rd year SID TCP project 2017
Jury for 3rd & 4th year Design projects at NDMVP Design school, Nashik since 2010
Conducted a full semester course on Design for Disable at NDMVP Design School for 3rd year
1. Design of personal electric vehicle
2. Design of Fast food kiosk for Indian cities
3. Design of Mini refrigerator for Bachelors and small families
4. Design of DIY wardrobe for modern Indian families
5. Design of Backpack for trekkers
6. Design of inconspicuous seating system for beach