Dr. Sandeep Shewale
NAME : Dr. Sandeep Pandurang Shewale
DESIGNATION : Associate Professor & Dean
QUALIFICATION : PhD (Tech in Chemical Engg), M.E. (Chemical Engineering)
OVERVIEW OF PROFILE:
Sandeep is a devoted academician with an active research background. He has completed PhD, Tech (Chemical Engineering) from Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai. His research interests include extraction of bioactive compounds, adsorption and membrane based separation process. His doctoral research mainly focused on the “Process Intensification of Extraction and purification of Natural Ingredients from Herbs”. He has numerous publications and citations in national and international journals to his credit. He has completed funded one research project, also fetched fund to organize various technical events under QIP scheme from SPPU Pune. As a dedicated academician, his core areas of expertise contain Chemical Equipment Design, Chemical Process Safety, Heat Transfer, Environmental Engineering, etc. He has organized various intensive courses, workshop, and guest talk in the field of Chemical Engineering for the students and faculty during his career span of one decade. He has been awarded by “The Teacher of the Department (year 2014-15) Award” by the institute; also awarded for “Outstanding Achievement in R&D (year 2013-14) and QIP contributions (year 2015-16)”.He holds various professional memberships of societies including the Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE), Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE), Institution of Chemical Engineering (IChemE) and International Association of Engineers(IAENG). Before joining MITAoE Alandi, Sandeep associated with TKIET Warananagar, CSIR-NCL Pune, AEC Chikhli as faculty and research associate.
FORE FRONT AREA OF RESEARCH : Separation Processes
EMAIL ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
CONTACT NO : 02030253615 Ext: 1075
EXPERIENCE : Teaching: 12.5 Years, Research: 0.3 Years
- Associate Member of IChemE (Membership no: 100197843)
- Life Member of Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (LM-66380).
- Life Member of Indian Society for Technical Education (LM 69981).
- Life Member of International Association of Engineers (IAENG No. 107799).
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Awarded by “The Teacher of the Department” (2014-15) Award” by the institute.
- Awarded for “Best Young Research Award (Male)”by the ITSR foundation for the year2019-20.
RESEARCH PROJECT COMPLETED
|1||Recovery of Sugarcane fromnSugarcanejuice by Ultrafiltration||Principal Investigator||BCUD,University ofPune||1.50 (2012-14)|
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
- Completed 01 minor research on titled “Recovery of Sugar from sugar cane juice by ultrafiltration” from SPPU Pune (2012-14).
- Submitted total 04 minor research proposals to UGC, IIChE, and SPPU till date.
- One research proposal shortlisted for the 2nd round of presentation under ASPIRE Scheme by SPPU Pune (2018-19).
- Published 04 research papers in the journal and 03 book chapters in processing.
- Submitted 04 research papers to the reputed journal for publication.
FUND FROM APEX BODIES
- Fetched Rs.1.5 lakh for minor research from the BCUD, Savitribai Phule Pune University, and Pune.
- Fetched Rs 2.0 lakh for organizing “Two days national level seminar on “Challenges to Optimizes Process in Industry (COPI-2015)” from SPPU Pune.
- Fetched Rs.1.0 lakh for organizing “Two days state level workshop on “Chemical Reactor design: Attainable Region Approach” from SPPU Pune.
- Sandeep P. Shewale, Miraj Kapadia, Virendra K. Rathod, Intensification of total phenolic compounds extraction from Azadirachta indica (Neem) leaves by ultrasound, Chemical Engineering and Processing - Process Intensification, Volume 181, 2022.https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cep.2022.109099
- Salunkhe, P., Bhoyar, P., Zope, R., Shewale, S.P., Nano Science-process Intensification for the Extraction of Phenolic Compound from a Natural Source with Stirred Batch Extraction Techniques. 10.2174/2405461506666210420134353
- Rane, N.M., Shewale, S.P., Optimization of Nanoscience Parameters for Extracting Phenolic Compounds from Ficusreligiosa by Three-Phase Partitioning (TPP) Method. 10.2174/1573401318666220321140651
- PratibhaSalunkhe,PriyaBhoyar,RupeshZopeandSandeepP.Shewale,“NanoScience-ProcessIntensificationfortheExtractionofPhenolicCompoundfromaNatural Source with Stirred Batch Extraction Techniques”, Current Nanomaterials2021;6.https://doi.org/10.2174/2405461506666210420134353
- Sandeep P. Shewale, Sachin V. Jadhav, Virendra K. Rathod (2020), Hydrodynamicoptimization to control membrane fouling in glycyrrhizic acid (GA) recovery fromlicoricerootextract,https://doi.org/10.1080/00194506.2019.1689184.
- PratibhaSalunkhe,PriyaBhoyar,AmravatiGodeandSandeepP.Shewale,“ApplicationofNanotechnologytotheExtractionofHerbalComponentsforMedicinal Uses”,Current Nanomaterials
- Sandeep Shewale & Virendra K. Rathod (2018) Extraction of total phenolic contentfrom Azadirachta indica or (neem) leaves: Kinetics study, Preparative BiochemistryandBiotechnology,Volume48,2018,Issue4,Pages312-320,https://doi.org/10.1080/10826068.2018.1431784
- SandeepPShewale,DhanashreePanadare,VirendraK.Rathod*,ExtractionoftotalantioxidantsfromAzadirachtaIndica(Neem)usingThreePhasePartitioning(TPP)and its process intensification using ultrasound.https://doi.org/10.1080/10826068.2021.1972424
- “Polymeric Membrane for Pervaporation” in International Journal of Biotechnology,Chemical&EnvironmentalEngineering(IJBCEE),SandeepPShewale*,NitinMRane,AnilVyas,SmitaRSamdaniandKalyanIPatilVol.1,(2),August2012ISSN2278–0696
- “RecyclingofPetBottleByGlycolysisProcess”inInternationalJournalofBiotechnology, Chemical & Environmental Engineering (IJBCEE),Smita R Samdani*,SandeepPShewaleandNitinMRaneVol.1,(1),April2012ISSN2278–0696
- “PervaporationProcessforEthanol-WaterMixture”inInternationalJournalofResearch in Chemistry and Environment Shewale Sandeep P.*, PatilManesh B., RaneN.M.,GarkalD.J.,SamdaniSRVol.1Issue2Oct.2011,147-152(ISSN2248-9649).
- “Extraction,IsolationAndEvaluationOfAnti-inflammatoryActivityOfCurcuminoids From Curcuma Longa” in International Journal of Chemical SciencesandApplicationsMBPatil,S VTaralkar,VS Sapkal,SP ShewaleandRSSapkalVol2Issue3172-174(2010).
- “UseofNaturallyAvailableLowCostAdsorbentsForRemovalofCR(VI)ContaminatedWastewater”inInternationalJournalofChemicalSciencesandApplications N. M. Rane, Dr. R. S Sapkal, Dr. V. S. Sapkal, M. B. Patil and S. P. ShewaleVol1 Issue265-69(2010)”.
BOOK CHAPTER PUBLISHED IN BOOKS:
- KaduD.,BhasarkarS.,ShewaleS.P.(2021)ComparativeKineticStudyforAdsorptionofHeavyMetalswithLow-CostAdsorbents—SugarcaneBaggaseandEggshell. In: Pawar P.M., Balasubramaniam R., Ronge B.P., Salunkhe S.B., VibhuteA.S.,MelinamathB.(eds)Techno-Societal2020.Springer,Cham.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-69925-3_41.
- “Adsorption of Hexavalent Chromium byUsing Sweetlime and Orange Peel Powder” in Novel Water Treatment and SeparationMethods:SimulationofChemicalProcesses,CRCPress(AppleAcademicPress)Taylor and fancis group. September 14, 2017, ISBN 9781771885782 - CAT# N11890https://doi.org/10.1201/9781315225395.
- “Removal of Cr(VI) by Using Sweetlime PeelPowder in a Fixed Bed Column” in Process Modeling, Simulation, and EnvironmentalApplications in Chemical Engineering, CRC Press (Apple Academic Press) Taylor andfancisgroup.December21,2016,ISBN9781771883245-CAT#N11610https://doi.org/10.1201/9781315366449.
- “ComparativeStudyforRemovalofCr(VI)UsingSweetlimePeelPowderandLemonPeelPowderinAFixedBedColumn”,inRecentAdvancesinChemicalEngineeringSelectProceedingsofICACE2015by Springer,Rane,N.M.(etal.)Pages143-152,November5,2017,ISBN978-981-10- 1633-2,https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-1633-2.
NATIONAL / INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCES:
- Presented research paper on title “Comparative Kinetic Study for Adsorption of Heavy Metals with low-cost adsorbents – Sugarcane Baggase and Eggshell” in the International Conference on“Advanced Technologies for Societal Applications–TechnoSocietal 2020”,
- Presented for the prestigious M P Chary Award on topic “Study on extraction of TotalPhenolic Compound from naturally available plant sources” at SCHEMCON 2019(SRICT,Ankaleshwar)
- Presentedpostertitled “Extraction of Natural Productsat 66thAnnual ChemicalEngineeringCongress(CHEMCON2013)atInstituteofChemicaltechnology,Mumbaion27December2013.
- Presented poster titled “Concentration of Glycyrrhizic Acid (GA) from Licorice RootExtractbyMembraneProcess”atSusChemE2015,InternationalConferenceonSustainableChemistry&EngineeringonOctober8-9,2015,(OrganizedbyInstituteofChemicalTechnology, Mumbai).
- Presented a paper on titled “Extraction of Total Phenolic Compound (TPC) fromAzadirachta indica (Neem) leaves by novel extraction methods” at SCHEMCON 201511th Annual session of Students’ Chemical Engineering Congress on 12th and 13thSeptember,2015 atMITOEPune, Maharashtra,India.
- M P Chary Award presentation on titled, Glycyrrhizic Acid (GA) concentration fromlicorice root extract by membrane process, at SCHEMCON 2015 11th Annual sessionofStudents’ChemicalEngineeringCongresson12thand13thSeptember,2015atMITAcademyof Engineering,Alandi (D),Pune, Maharashtra,India.
- “ProcessIntensificationforconcentrationofspecialcompoundsfromherbalextractbydead end membrane separation process” in national conference on recent trends inchemicalengineeringandtechnologyorganizedbyLITNagpurduring27-28Feb2015.
- “Recovery of Sugar from sugar cane juice by Ultrafiltration” in INNOVATION 2014organizedbyuniversity of Puneduring29 April2014.
- “Application of Nanomaterial technology to coatings” in International ConferenceInternationalConferenceonNanomaterialandApplication(ICNAMA2008)organizedbyShivajiUniversity, Kolhapurduring9th-11th Dec2008.
- “Scope of Non-Edible Vegetable Oils” in National Conference Emerging Trends inChemicalEngineering-GlobalScenario(ETCE-08)organizedbyS.V.N.I.T.Surat,during7th-8thMay2008.