Center of Excellence
CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
PROFILE AND VISION
The Centres of Excellence will help to improve the standard of mathematics education in a highly competitive situation. Centre helps to impart pedagogy training/workshops on various topics to teachers as well as hands training to teachers and students of the Institute. Improve the teaching skills of teachers through professional development programmes designed to suit specific needs of teachers at various levels.
To develop and support quality mathematics teachers who are able to develop themselves as a teacher educators in mathematics in the competitive educational system and to impart knowledge requirements of the different fields of the society.
- To create, lead and support networks that enable sharing and development of effective use of video, digital and web-based technologies in teaching, learning and assessing mathematics.
- To initiate, support and disseminate research into teaching, learning and assessing mathematics to identify, understand and evaluate effective innovation in practice.
- To bring together mathematics educators, scientists, engineers, computer scientists and economists in cross-disciplinary teams to produce workplace simulations and realistic tasks for mathematical modelling.
- To organise and participate in Conferences, Workshops, FDPs, STTPs
- To develop teaching resources that simulate applications of mathematics in the workplace and a student laboratory for developing competencies in mathematical modelling.