A Complete Guide to Syllabus, Exam Pattern & Preparation Tips
The Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the Maharashtra State Common Entrance Test Cell. The exam is conducted for admission to various undergraduate engineering and pharmacy programs offered by various colleges in the state of Maharashtra. MHT CET is one of the most competitive entrance exams in India and attracts thousands of students from all over the country every year.
In this blog, we will discuss everything you need to know about MHT CET 2023, including the exam pattern, eligibility criteria, important dates, syllabus, preparation tips, and more.
Eligibility Criteria for MHT CET 2023:
- The candidate must have passed Class 12th examination or equivalent from a recognized board with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the following
subjects: Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
- The minimum percentage required in Class 12th examination is 45% for candidates belonging to General and OBC categories and 40% for candidates belonging to SC, ST and PwD categories.
Exam Pattern for MHT CET 2023:
- MHT CET 2023 will be a computer-based test (CBT) of 3 hours duration.
- There will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs) on the test.
- The exam will have three sections: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The exam will have a total of 150 questions, with 50 questions in each section.
- Each question will carry 4 marks, and there will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each incorrect answer.
Admit Card: The admit card for the MHT CET 2023 will be available for download on the official website of the MHT CET 2023. You will need to carry the admit card along with a photo ID proof to the examination center.
Important dates for MHT CET 2023:
The MHT CET 2023 will be conducted online mode, and the examination will consist of 150 multiple-choice questions. The duration of the examination will be 3 hours. The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and each section will have 50 questions.
The exam will be held from 9th to 13th May 2023 for PCM and from 15th to 20th May for PCB.
The result will be declared in the month of June 2023.
Syllabus for MHT CET 2023:
The syllabus for the MHT CET 2023 will be based on the topics covered in the 10+2 or equivalent examination. The syllabus will include topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, and you can also find the detailed syllabus on the official website of the MHT CET 2023.
- Physics: Laws of Motion, Work, Energy, and Power, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Heat and Thermodynamics, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electrons and Photons, Atoms, Molecules, and Nuclei, Semiconductor Electronics.
- Chemistry: Basic concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, Ionic Equilibrium, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Hydrogen, s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals), Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry.
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations, and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and Its Simple Applications, Sequences and Series, Limit, Continuity, and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Three-Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability.
The result for the MHT CET 2023 will be published on the official website of the MHT CET 2023 after the examination. The result will consist of the marks obtained by the candidates and their rank in the examination.
The counseling process will start after the results are announced. The counselling process will include seat allocation, document verification, and fee payment. The seat allocation will be based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the MHT CET 2023.
Preparation Tips for MHT CET 2023: Ace the Exam with a Winning Strategy:
The competition is intense, and the exam requires comprehensive preparation to pass with flying colours. We'll go over some study techniques in this blog that will enable you to ace the MHT CET 2023.
1. Know the Syllabus:
Understanding the syllabus is the first step towards preparing for any examination. Familiarize yourself with the subjects, topics, and chapters that will be covered in the MHT CET 2023. This will help you identify your strengths and weaknesses, and you can plan your preparation accordingly.
2. Make a Study Plan:
Once you know the syllabus, make a study plan that is realistic and achievable. Set daily and weekly targets, and stick to your plan. You can also make a schedule for revision and practice.
3. Study the NCERT Textbooks:
NCERT textbooks are a great resource for preparing for MHT CET 2023. These books are written in a simple and easy-to-understand language, and they cover all the important topics in detail.
4. Practice with Previous Year’s Papers:
Solving previous years' papers is a great way to get an idea of the pattern of the MHT CET 2023. This will help you understand the type of questions that are asked in the exam, and you can also assess your preparation level.
5. Take Regular Tests:
Taking regular tests will help you identify your weaknesses and strengths. You can use online mock tests or buy test series to practice. Regular tests will also help you improve your speed and accuracy, and boost your confidence.
6. Focus on Concepts:
The MHT CET 2023 is a concept-based examination, so it is essential to have a clear understanding of the concepts. Do not memorize formulas and equations; instead, try to understand how and why they are used.
7. Revise Regularly:
Regular revision is crucial for retaining what you have learned. It will help you retain the concepts for a longer period and also refresh your memory.
8. Manage Your Time:
Time management is an essential aspect of any examination. In the MHT CET 2023, you will have to answer 150 questions in 3 hours. It is important to manage your time effectively and attempt the questions wisely.
9. Stay Healthy and Relaxed:
Taking care of your physical and mental health is important while preparing for any examination. Get enough sleep, exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and engage in stress-busting activities to keep yourself relaxed.
Preparing for MHT CET 2023 requires hard work, dedication, and consistency. These preparation tips will help you plan your preparation effectively, and you can ace the exam with confidence. Remember, success comes to those who work hard, so stay focused and stay motivated!
In conclusion, the MHT CET 2023 is an important examination for students who wish to pursue their careers in engineering and pharmacy programs in Maharashtra. The examination requires comprehensive preparation, and students must stay informed about the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, admit card, result, and counselling process. By following these guidelines, students can ace the MHT CET 2023 with confidence and secure a bright future for themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: The exam will be held from 9th to 13th May 2023 for PCM and from 15th to 20th May for PCB.
Ans. It is difficult to predict the exact difficulty level of MHT CET 2023 as it can vary every year based on various factors such as the number of candidates appearing for the exam, the complexity of the question paper, and the performance of the candidates.
However, based on the previous year's trends, MHT CET is considered a moderately difficult exam. The exam tests the candidates' knowledge and understanding of the concepts covered in the syllabus, as well as their problem-solving skills and time management abilities.
To prepare well for MHT CET 2023, candidates should thoroughly study the syllabus, practice solving previous year's question papers and take mock tests regularly. It is also important to maintain a consistent study schedule and revise the concepts regularly to perform well in the exam.
Ans. No, board marks will not be considered in the MHT CET 2023 entrance exam. The exam is conducted to test the candidates' knowledge and understanding of the subjects covered in the syllabus. The admission process for MHT CET 2023 will be based on the candidates' performance in the entrance exam only.
However, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria for the exam, which includes passing the HSC or its equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in the above subjects combined.
Ans. No, MHT CET is held once a year. There are no two attempts for the exam.