MITAero is MITAOE’s first ever Aeromodelling club in MITAOE established in 2018. The aim of this club is to provide knowledge related to Multirotors as well as RC Planes, which includes designing and guidance to fly Multirotors and RC plane.
MITAero enthusiastically participates in many National Level Aeromodelling competitions including Boeing Aeromodelling competition which is conducted by IIT Bombay Techfest, SAE Aerodesign challenge for RC Plane and Quadrotor Design challenge in Techfest.
So far students from this club have designed both Quadrotors and RC planes and are looking forward to improving their skills in Aeromodelling area.
Faculty Advisor: Savita Pawar,SEE, firstname.lastname@example.org
Club President: Mr. Sumit Sakarkar, SCET, email@example.com
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENT
- TEAM BLITZKRIEG achieved 6th Rank in SAE Aero Design Challenge Competition 2020, in Regular RC Aircraft model design competition
- TEAM FALCON achieved 26th Rank in SAE Aero Design Challenge Competition 2020, in Micro RC Aircraft model design competition
- In Air-O-task one of the team headed by Abhishek secured 2nd rank and other two teams secured 5th and 6th rank in drone competition held at AISSMS Engineering college, Pune.
- Abhishek Muttad participated in GRAVITAS IDRL competition and secured 1st rank in Beginner level and 6th rank in All India Pro level at VIT institute of technology.
- Abhishek Muttad secured 7th rank in All over India pro level in PDPU IDRL competiton.
- Drone Team secured 1st rank at PCCOE RAVET.
- Abhishek Muttad secured 5th rank in IDRL competition held at VJTI MUMBAI
- Abhishek Muttad Qualified for finals in IDRL competition held at BITS GOA
- Abhishek Muttad secured 3rd rank in IDRL competition held at PARLU UNIVERSITY
- 3 teams reached in top 20 finalist AT IIT BOMBAY in BOEING’S AERO CHALLENGE.
- Drone team achived 3rd rank out of 60 teams in Drone Challenge competition held at IIT Bombay
- SAE Aero Design Challenge Competition 2020, held at Tamil Nadu during 28 & 29 Feb ,1 March 2020
- Air-O-task Drone competition held at AISSMS Engineering college, Pune on 18th and 19th September 2019.
- GRAVITAS, IDRL (Indian Drone Racing League) competition held at VIT institute of technology, on 12rd & 13rd October 2019.
- TESSERACT, IDRL competition held at PANDIT DEENDAYA; PETROLEUM UNIVERSITY on 8th,9th and 10th November 2019.
- 08 students participated in SAE Aero Design Challenge workshop on 2nd and 3rd Nov.2019.
- Drone racing competition held at PCCOE Ravet, Pune.
- IDRL competition held at VJTI College of Engineering on 27 and 28 December, 2019.
- IDRL competition held at BITS PILANI GOA, on 2nd & 3rd February 2020.
- Projection Line of Sight Event for Drone competition held at Parul University, on 14th to 15th February 2020.
- Boeing competition, in Techfest, at IIT BOMBAY, on 3rd and 4th January 2020.
- Op Rahat Drone competition in Techfest, at IIT BOMBAY, on 4th January 2020.
- Two days Workshop on Drones and RC Planes.
- 30 Days internship programme from June 16th 2019 to July 17th 2019. Total 9 students completed training.
- Quad Copter training from Sept 2019 to Jan 2020 for preparation of IIT Bombay Techfest event.
- RC plane design training from Sept 2019 to Jan 2020 for preparation of IIT Bombay Techfest event.